Affiliate); or (iii) any other conduct or act that the Administrative Committee (as defined in the plan document for the Interpublic Executive Severance Plan) or the Compensation and Leadership Talent Committee of Interpublic’s Board of Directors determines is injurious, detrimental or prejudicial to any interest of Interpublic. If the Participant breaches any provision of this paragraph, Employee shall forfeit any unpaid amounts required by Paragraph 2.
16. Entire Agreement; No Other Promises. Except as to any confidentiality, non-compete and/or non-solicitation agreements signed by Employee upon or during his/her employment with Employer, Employee hereby acknowledges and represents that this Agreement and Release contains the entire agreement between Employee and Employer, and it supersedes any and all previous agreements concerning the subject matter hereof. Employee further acknowledges and represents that neither Employer nor any of its agents, representatives or employees have made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express, implied or statutory, not contained herein, concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce Employee to execute this Agreement and Release, and Employee acknowledges that he/she has not executed this Agreement and Release in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty.
17. Equitable Relief and Other Remedies. Employee acknowledges that a remedy at law for any breach or attempted breach of this Agreement and Release will be inadequate, and agrees that, in addition to money damages, Employer shall be entitled to specific performance and injunctive and other equitable relief in the case of any such breach or attempted breach. It is also agreed that, in addition to any other remedies, in the event of a breach of this Agreement and Release by Employee, Employer may withhold, discontinue, and retain all or any portion of the severance payments.
18. Severability. If any term or condition of this Agreement and Release shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect by a court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement and Release shall be construed without such term or condition. If at the time of enforcement of any provision of this Agreement and Release, a court shall hold that the duration, scope or area restriction of any provision hereof is unreasonable under circumstances now or then existing, the parties hereto agree that the maximum duration, scope or area reasonable under the circumstances shall be substituted by the court for the stated duration, scope or area.
19. Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement and Release shall be construed and enforced in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its choice of law provisions. Any dispute under this Agreement and Release shall be adjudicated by a court of competent jurisdiction in the city of _______________ [insert name of city in which Employer is located].
20. Amendment. This Agreement and Release may not be amended or modified in any way, except pursuant to a written instrument signed by both parties.
HAVING READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE RELEASE, CONSULTED COUNSEL OR VOLUNTARILY ELECTED NOT TO CONSULT COUNSEL, AND HAVING HAD SUFFICIENT TIME TO CONSIDER WHETHER TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND RELEASE, THE PARTIES HERETO HAVE EXECUTED THIS AGREEMENT AND RELEASE AS OF THE DAY AND YEAR FIRST WRITTEN BELOW.