Interpublic Group Issues COVID-19 Update
“The impact of COVID-19 has continued in recent weeks to grow around the world in human tragedy and macroeconomic cost,” said
“Our strategic strengths continue through this challenging period,”
The company anticipates providing additional commentary at the time of its first quarter earnings release, which is scheduled towards the end of April.
# # #
Interpublic is values-based, data-fueled, and creatively-driven. Major global brands include Acxiom, Craft, FCB (
# # #
This release contains forward-looking statements. Statements in this release that are not historical facts, including statements about management's beliefs and expectations, constitute forward-looking statements. These statements are based on current plans, estimates and projections, and are subject to change based on a number of factors, including those outlined under Item 1A, Risk Factors, in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, and our other filings with the
Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the following:
- potential effects of a challenging economy, for example, on the demand for our advertising and marketing services, on our clients' financial condition and on our business or financial condition;
- the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) and measures to reduce its spread;
- our ability to attract new clients and retain existing clients;
- our ability to retain and attract key employees;
- risks associated with assumptions we make in connection with our critical accounting estimates, including changes in assumptions associated with any effects of a weakened economy;
- potential adverse effects if we are required to recognize impairment charges or other adverse accounting-related developments;
- risks associated with the effects of global, national and regional economic and political conditions, including counterparty risks and fluctuations in economic growth rates, interest rates and currency exchange rates;
- developments from changes in the regulatory and legal environment for advertising and marketing and communications services companies around the world; and
- failure to realize the anticipated benefits on the acquisition of the Acxiom business.
Investors should carefully consider these factors and the additional risk factors outlined in more detail under Item 1A, Risk Factors, in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, and our other
Source: Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc.